Welcome to our complete and detailed guide to the best thrift stores in Orlando Florida. If you love a visit to a secondhand shop then these are the perfect places to get your thrifting fix.
Best Thrift Stores in Orlando Florida
Orlando, Florida, known for its enchanting theme parks and vibrant entertainment, holds a secret treasure trove that’s waiting to be explored—the city’s thriving thrift store scene. While Orlando may be famous for its magical adventures, it’s also a haven for thrift shoppers seeking unique finds, affordable deals, and opportunities to support local causes. Join us as we embark on a journey through the best thrift stores in Orlando, where every purchase tells a story and where the thrill of discovery awaits around every corner. Whether you’re a seasoned thrifter or a newcomer to the world of secondhand gems, Orlando’s thrift stores have something special in store for you.
1. Lucky Thrift Store
If you’ve got a spare $20 burning a hole in your pocket and an urge to snag some amazing deals, make your way to Lucky Thrift Store for an unbeatable thrift shopping experience in Orlando. Counted among the finest secondhand stores in Orlando, Lucky Thrift Store is where budget-conscious shoppers strike gold.
Just how budget-friendly are we talking? Imagine dresses, jeans, and jackets priced as low as $2, and baby clothes for just $1! If you’re in the mood for something with a bit more sparkle, their secondhand occasion dresses can be yours for a mere $10 to $15. It’s a shopping paradise that won’t break the bank.
2. Teen Challenge Orlando Super Thrift
When you’re on the lookout for thrift stores near Orlando, FL, and you’re willing to venture up toward Lake Monroe, don’t forget to add Teen Challenge Super Thrift to your list. While it may be a tad farther out than the rest, the treasures you uncover here are well worth the journey, and you’ll be supporting a noble cause in the process.
Every single penny of the proceeds from Teen Challenge Super Thrift goes directly to Teen Challenge, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals recover from life-controlling addictions. What’s more, these stores provide valuable work experience and job training to students enrolled in the Teen Challenge program.
3. Out of the Closet
Shopping at thrift stores that give back to the community is a win-win. Out of the Closet offers precisely that opportunity. With an eclectic assortment of secondhand and vintage clothing, shoes, bags, and even furniture, you’ll uncover countless thrift store treasures to take home.
The best part? A staggering 96 cents of every dollar you spend here goes directly to the AIDS Healthcare Foundation, supporting essential HIV care and free HIV testing services available at all their stores. Some Out of the Closet locations, including their Orlando thrift store, also house an AHF pharmacy.
Out of the Closet boasts a total of 22 stores across the US, including five thrift shops in LA and two thrift stores in San Francisco.
Location: Rowena Gardens
4. Etoile Boutique
Etoile Boutique, a beloved haven for vintage enthusiasts, local artisans, and designers, has been an integral part of Orlando’s fashion and art scene since 2006. Step inside to discover a treasure trove of hand-picked vintage pieces alongside handmade jewelry, beauty products, and contemporary accessories.
With over a hundred new pieces of vintage clothing added to their inventory every week, you’ll always find fresh and inspiring items to explore. Etoile Boutique welcomes you to browse and be inspired by their welcoming boutique.
Location: Milk District
5. Russell Home Thrift Store
Russell Home Thrift Store is a hidden gem filled with bargains and fascinating finds. It’s one of the top thrift stores in Orlando, catering to both your wardrobe and your home décor needs. Their vast selection includes women’s and men’s clothing, antiques, household decorations, and kitchen accessories.
If you’re in the market for knick-knacks and quirky decor, this Orlando thrift store is sure to delight. All the items are generously donated by the local community, and the proceeds go towards supporting the Russell Home for Atypical Children, a residential care facility for severely disabled children.
Next door to this Orlando furniture thrift store, you’ll discover the Russell Home Boutique, a fantastic place to score designer steals from brands like Gucci, Lily Pulitzer, and Miu Miu, all while supporting a noble cause.
Location: South Orange Avenue
6. Top Drawer Consignments
Top Drawer Consignments ranks among the finest furniture thrift stores in Orlando, offering high-end furniture, art, home decor, as well as women’s clothing and accessories. Their spacious and stylish showroom is a magnet for interior designers, decorators, home stagers, and collectors in search of current styles at prices well below retail.
You’ll find furniture and decor suitable for every room in your home, along with neatly organized racks brimming with high-quality clothing and accessories from various renowned brands. If you’re interested in selling your items, note that the consignment process differs for clothing and furniture. Check their website’s FAQs for more information on how to get started.
Location: Winter Park
Sustainable fashion enthusiasts are sure to adore Dechoes, one of the top thrift stores in Orlando, Florida, for its collection of designer, vintage, and modern fashion. Situated amidst a bustling shopping and dining scene, their expansive College Park store offers a relaxed atmosphere for browsing through a high-quality selection of men’s and women’s clothing.
Dechoes’ new store in the heart of the Coytown Plaza is equally well-stocked with colorful racks and a shoe wall, making it the ideal spot to discover sustainable thrifted footwear. If you’re interested in selling your items, you can book an appointment via their website. Dechoes offers 50% in store credit, 35% in cash, and higher percentages for items priced over $100.
Location: College Park, Colonial
8. Chic Boutique
Are you on the hunt for designer fashion that won’t put a dent in your wallet? Make sure to include Chic Boutique on your list. Located not far from Baldwin Park, this upscale resale shop is among the best places to thrift in Orlando, Florida, for designer labels.
Chic Boutique boasts an impressive collection of women’s clothing, handbags, shoes, sunglasses, and jewelry from renowned brands like Chanel, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Prada, and Pucci.
Location: Baldwin Park
9. Upscale Apparel
For thrift shopping with a heartwarming purpose, Upscale Apparel offers a diverse selection of gently worn clothing. It’s also one of the finest Orlando thrift stores for finding high-quality, affordable furniture and home decor.
Every dollar you spend at Upscale Apparel helps feed, clothe, and shelter individuals in need, making your shopping experience even more meaningful.
Location: Winter Garden, Ocoee
10. The Village Thrift Shop
If you’re in search of a traditional thrift shopping experience, The Village Thrift Shop delivers precisely that. This small but mighty Orlando thrift store is a true haven for dedicated thrifters, brimming with clothing and an abundance of secondhand treasures.
While it may take a bit of time to unearth those hidden gems amidst the extensive inventory, it’s always worth a visit if you’re passionate about the thrill of the hunt.
11. OMG Thrift
Prepare to be wowed by the sheer size of OMG Thrift. Upon entering, you might just find yourself exclaiming, “OMG!” With over 100,000 items neatly organized on color-coordinated racks and 15,000 new additions each week, OMG! Thrift stands out as one of the best thrift shops in Orlando for those who love frequent thrift hauls.
Here, you’ll discover a plethora of fashionable items priced at 75-90% less than their retail counterparts. Moreover, your thrift shopping adventures contribute to keeping millions of pounds worth of clothing out of landfills and provide employment opportunities within the local community.
OMG! Thrift employs over 250 team members across their retail stores and regularly donates to local community causes. Every year, during breast cancer awareness month, they allocate a portion of their proceeds to support local cancer charities.
12. Avalon Exchange
Avalon Exchange, a family-owned and operated business, began as a vintage clothing store in 1988. Today, it’s one of the premier thrift stores in Orlando for discovering one-of-a-kind fashion pieces, whether contemporary or vintage.
You’ll find a wide selection of clothing, jewelry, bags, and shoes, including designer items, within their well-lit and spacious store. New pieces are acquired from the public every day, ensuring there’s always fresh stock to peruse.
Stay updated on their regular dollar sales by signing up via their website. If you’re interested in selling your items, Avalon Exchange offers 45% in store credit or 30% in cash. Be sure to book an appointment in advance if you plan to visit their Winter Park store.
Location: Winter Park
13. City Thrift
City Thrift is your go-to destination for fantastic bargains and an affordable thrift shopping spree. With over 30 years of experience running stores in Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, and Tennessee, City Thrift knows how to provide an exceptional thrift shopping experience.
Look out for regular sales and a special over 55’s discount day every Tuesday, catering to the entire community. Bring a shopping cart and explore the racks – you’re bound to uncover fantastic deals.
Reasons to Check Out Thrift Stores in Orlando Florida
Venturing into the world of thrift stores in Orlando, Florida promises more than just a shopping experience—it’s a journey filled with discovery, uniqueness, and community impact. Here are compelling reasons why you should explore these hidden gems:
- Affordability Meets Style: Orlando’s thrift stores, like Lucky Thrift Store, offer unbeatable prices. You can snag dresses, jeans, and jackets for as little as $2, making it a budget-conscious shopper’s dream.
- Supporting Noble Causes: Many thrift shops, such as Teen Challenge Orlando Super Thrift, contribute all proceeds to meaningful causes. By shopping here, you’re actively supporting organizations dedicated to addiction recovery, prevention, and other vital services.
- Fighting HIV/AIDS: Stores like Out of the Closet not only offer eclectic collections of secondhand items but also channel a significant portion of their earnings—96 cents per dollar—towards the AIDS Healthcare Foundation. It’s a chance to shop sustainably and contribute to vital healthcare initiatives.
- Vintage Fashion Heaven: Etoile Boutique has been a staple in Orlando’s fashion and art scene since 2006. Here, you’ll find hand-picked vintage pieces alongside unique handmade jewelry and modern accessories. It’s a treasure trove for fashion enthusiasts.
- Home Decor Bonanza: Russell Home Thrift Store is not just about clothing; it’s a paradise for home decor enthusiasts. You can furnish your home and wardrobe with their extensive selection of antiques, household decor, and clothing—all while supporting the Russell Home for Atypical Children.
- High-End Furniture: Top Drawer Consignments stands out as one of Orlando’s best furniture thrift stores. It’s a go-to place for high-end furniture, art, and home decor, attracting interior designers and collectors looking for quality at reduced prices.
- Designer Fashion for Less: Chic Boutique is where designer fashion lovers can find incredible deals on brands like Chanel, Dior, and Prada. It’s a haven for women’s clothing, handbags, shoes, and accessories.
- Community Support: Upscale Apparel offers gently worn clothing and affordable furniture while directing all proceeds towards feeding, clothing, and sheltering those in need. Your shopping dollars have a direct, positive impact on the community.
- The Joy of Thrifting: The Village Thrift Shop is perfect for dedicated thrifters. It may take a bit of time to unearth hidden gems, but passionate diggers will appreciate the thrill of discovery.
- Massive Thrift Hauls: OMG Thrift’s sheer size and diverse inventory—over 100,000 items and 15,000 new additions each week—make it a favorite for frequent thrifters. You can score fashionable items at a fraction of their retail price while contributing to environmental sustainability and local job opportunities.
- One-of-a-Kind Fashion: Avalon Exchange specializes in contemporary and vintage fashion pieces, offering an ever-changing selection of clothing, jewelry, bags, and shoes. Signing up for their regular dollar sales notifications is a savvy shopper’s move.
- A Thrift for Everyone: City Thrift has decades of thrift store expertise across multiple states. With regular sales and special discount days, they cater to a wide community, making thrift shopping accessible and enjoyable for all.
Visiting thrift stores in Orlando is more than just shopping—it’s an opportunity to uncover hidden treasures, support noble causes, and embrace a sustainable and unique approach to fashion and lifestyle. So, dive into Orlando’s thrift store scene and embark on a rewarding journey of discovery and community impact.
Take a look at more thrifting stuff here