This is the ultimate guide to the very best thrift stores in LasVegas, Nevada. If you love thrifting this is the article for you.
Best Thrift Stores in Las Vegas Nevada
Las Vegas, Nevada, often conjures images of dazzling lights, iconic resorts, and an atmosphere pulsating with entertainment. However, beyond the glitz and glamour of the famous Las Vegas Strip, the city harbors a thriving thrift store scene waiting to be explored. Amidst the show-stopping performances and high-stakes gaming, Las Vegas boasts a treasure trove of thrift stores that cater to a diverse array of tastes and preferences.
Whether you’re a vintage enthusiast, a budget-conscious shopper, or someone seeking eco-friendly and sustainable choices, Las Vegas’ thrift stores have something for everyone. In this guide, we’ll take you on a journey through the city’s best thrift stores, where you can unearth unique finds, snag unbeatable deals, and support local businesses and charitable causes.
So, while you might come to Las Vegas for the world-class entertainment, don’t miss the chance to venture off the beaten path and explore the fascinating world of thrift shopping in this vibrant and dynamic city. Las Vegas offers more than just a roll of the dice; it’s where you can roll up your sleeves and embark on a treasure hunt of a different kind. Join us as we delve into the Best Thrift Stores in Las Vegas, Nevada.
1. Oldies But Goodies Thrift Store
Your luck is about to change at Oldies But Goodies Thrift Store, even if you’ve had a tough run at the roulette table. This Las Vegas thrift store is a treasure trove of clothing, accessories, knickknacks, art, home goods, and more. With such an impressive selection, it’s hard not to score big here.
What makes this thrift store even more special is that it’s an official 501(c)3 organization run by Hearts Alive Village animal rescue. This means no sales tax on your purchases, and every item you buy helps rescue pets from the streets and connect them with safe, loving homes.
Beyond the fantastic shopping experience, Oldies But Goodies Thrift Store has two rooms dedicated to senior dogs and cats, where you can spend time cuddling with them or even consider adopting one.
Neon Cactus Vintage Thrift Store
If you’re looking for an ethically sourced and body-positive thrift store in Las Vegas, look no further than Neon Cactus Vintage Thrift Store. With a name that screams Las Vegas thrifting, it’s a must-visit during your Vegas trip.
This store specializes in clothing and is a vital addition to your Las Vegas itinerary, especially if you love making a statement with bold, colorful, and inclusive clothing and accessories. All the pieces here are top-shelf, 100% unique, and primarily from the 1960s-1980s era.
Among the vintage thrift stores Las Vegas offers, Neon Cactus Vintage stands out as a memorable choice. It’s also proudly owned and operated by queer women of color.
Glam Factory Vintage Thrift Store
Glam Factory Vintage Thrift Store is one of the best thrift stores in Las Vegas, especially if you’re staying near the Strip. It’s the go-to place for period-appropriate clothing for both men and women.
You’ll discover a range of kitschy collectibles, antiques, and a revolving selection of vintage clothing from the 1940s to the 1970s. If you’re on your way to Burning Man, make sure not to miss this costumery pitstop.
For even better bargains, keep an eye out for their famous yard sales, where the exterior of the bright yellow and orange building becomes a haven for deeply discounted clothing.
Stephanie, the shop owner, sources her collection from around the country, so ask her about any product, and she’ll likely have an interesting story to share.
Location: Arts District
The Red Kat Vintage
Located near the Las Vegas Strip, The Red Kat Vintage is a treasure trove for secondhand clothing, shoes, and accessories for both men and women. With over 3,000 square feet of space filled with 6,000 pieces, it’s one of the largest thrift stores in Las Vegas.
Whether you’re looking for vintage cowboy boots, 1960s floral flared pants, or a last-minute celebrity suit for a wedding chapel visit, The Red Kat has you covered.
Location: Arts District
Main Street Peddlers Antique Mall
Main Street Peddlers Antique Mall is a secondhand shopper’s paradise located in Downtown’s Antique Alley, near the Strip. Their showroom boasts over 7,500 square feet of antique, collectible, vintage, and rare goods.
From art and collectibles to mid-century modern furniture, cosplay and theater costumes, vintage clothes, gemstone jewelry, and eclectic odds and ends, this thrift shop has it all.
Location: Downtown South
Alt Rebel Designer Thrift Store
Alt Rebel Designer Thrift Store elevates secondhand shopping to an upscale experience. It’s one of the most high-end thrift stores in Las Vegas, offering a daily selection of brands like Nasty Gal, Vans, Doc Martens, Michael Kors, and Vince.
With a wide range of men’s and women’s clothes and shoes, you can find items to fit any budget, including $100+ jeans for just $17. They also stock plus-sized pieces. Selling options are available by appointment, and all items are laundered before hitting the sales floor.
Location: Downtown South
Off the Threads
If you’re a fan of the Ramones or enjoy sifting through racks of unique clothing, head straight to Off The Threads. It’s the best thrift store in Las Vegas for music enthusiasts and those seeking distinctive fashion.
This store is brimming with hand-picked retro finds, including single-stitch vintage tees. You can explore women’s, men’s, and kid’s clothing ranging from the 1920s to the 1990s. They even offer alteration services for items in the shop or your vintage treasures.
Keep an eye out for their popular Fill Up A Bag Fridays, where you can fill a bag with anything you like for just $15. It’s one of their many exciting end-of-month sale events.
To get a taste of their eclectic offerings or shop remotely, check out their Depop shop.
Location: Arts District
The Giving Store Thrift Store
As the name suggests, The Giving Store is a non-profit 501(c)3 thrift store that directs all proceeds to S.A.F.E. House, a shelter for domestic violence victims, particularly children.
They offer high-quality (new or like-new) clothing for the whole family, toys, jewelry, electronics, household goods, books, games, tools, furniture, and more. Prices are competitive, undercutting other thrift stores, including Goodwill Las Vegas.
Check their website for daily 25% discounts, and each week, colored tags receive a 50% or 75% discount.
Chic & Cozy Consignment Furniture
If you’re furnishing a new home, make sure to visit Chic & Cozy Consignment Furniture. It’s one of the best furniture thrift stores near Las Vegas, NV, and a must-stop for your home decor needs.
They specialize in gently used furniture, and their ever-changing inventory makes it easy to furnish your living room, dining room, bedroom, kitchen, or office spaces. They are closed on Mondays, but open every other day. If you choose to sell through Chic and Cozy, you’ll receive 50% of the sales price.
Deseret Industries Thrift Stores
With locations across the western US, Deseret Industries is one of the few north Las Vegas thrift stores, as well as one in Paradise. It’s a fantastic source for secondhand clothing and home goods.
But there’s more to Deseret Industries than meets the eye. They provide training and on-the-job experience, both at the retail level and in manufacturing. Community partnerships and grants support local individuals, and the Latter-day Saint Humanitarian Center aids people worldwide.
They keep prices low to ensure everyone has access to quality goods at affordable prices. Unsold items are shipped overseas to support humanitarian relief efforts. Last year alone, they donated almost two million pounds of clothes and shoes to those in need.
Locations: North Las Vegas | Paradise
Dog Junkies Thrift Store
For a unique thrift store experience that combines shopping with a love for dogs, visit Dog Junkies Thrift Store. It’s hands down one of the best thrift stores in Las Vegas, Nevada, especially for animal lovers.
You’ll find gently used, new, and vintage clothes, accessories, housewares, decor, furniture, kitchen items, pet products, art, and other one-of-a-kind items. What makes this thrift store even more special is that all proceeds support AH4S Animal Rescue, providing shelter and food to dogs in need. This organization has saved more than 6,500 local dogs from being euthanized.
Location: North Las Vegas
Reasons to Check out Thrift Stores in Las Vegas Nevada
1. Unique Finds Beyond the Neon Lights: Las Vegas thrift stores are a goldmine of one-of-a-kind treasures. Amidst the city’s flashy exterior, you’ll discover items with character and history. Whether it’s a vintage leather jacket that tells a story of yesteryears or a retro record player that adds a touch of nostalgia to your home, these thrift stores are where hidden gems await your discovery.
2. Budget-Friendly Shopping: In a city known for its extravagance, thrift stores offer a breath of fresh air for budget-conscious shoppers. You can revamp your wardrobe, furnish your home, or even find collectibles without breaking the bank. Las Vegas thrift stores make it possible to enjoy retail therapy without the hefty price tag.
3. Sustainable Shopping: Thrift shopping aligns with eco-conscious living. By choosing secondhand items, you contribute to sustainability by reducing waste and the demand for new production. Las Vegas thrift stores provide an eco-friendly shopping experience that promotes reusing and recycling, making it a win-win for you and the environment.
4. Support Local Businesses: Many thrift stores in Las Vegas are locally owned and operated. When you shop at these establishments, you’re directly supporting the local economy and helping small businesses thrive. It’s a way to connect with the community and invest in its entrepreneurial spirit.
5. Philanthropic Impact: Some thrift stores in Las Vegas have a charitable mission. Your purchases can go a long way in supporting various causes, from helping homeless youth to aiding victims of domestic violence. By shopping at these stores, you become part of a broader effort to make a positive impact on society.
6. Hidden Treasures in Every Neighborhood: Las Vegas is more than just the famous Strip. Thrift stores are scattered throughout the city, offering you a chance to explore various neighborhoods and discover local gems. Whether you’re in Downtown, Arts District, or suburban areas, there’s likely a thrift store waiting for you to explore.
7. The Thrill of the Hunt: Thrift shopping is an adventure in itself. It’s about the thrill of stumbling upon unexpected finds and sifting through racks and shelves in search of that perfect item. Las Vegas thrift stores provide an exhilarating shopping experience that’s far from the ordinary.
So, whether you’re a seasoned thrifter or just looking for a unique souvenir from your Las Vegas trip, don’t miss the opportunity to explore the city’s thrift store scene. Beyond the glitz and glamour, these stores offer a glimpse into the authentic and diverse side of Las Vegas, where every purchase tells a story and contributes to the local community.
Take a look at more thrifting stuff here